Kerusso Faith Dot is a cool domed sticker that you place on the home button of your iPhone or iPad. It makes your home button easy to find and even more functional. Today it’s not enough to have the coolest new phone – you need to add your own personal style. Each package has 6 unique designs featuring great micro-messages. Easily removable.
Well I’m no scientist or doctor or biologist… but I have been asked, way too many times when teaching the life cycle unit, this question, “Which Came First… The Chicken or the Egg?” If I wasn’t able to refer to Genesis 1:24, I definitely wouldn’t know the answer… but Learning Resources created an amazing tool to allow our younger students to really see what a 21-day cycle inside the egg would look like.
This Chick Life Cycle Exploration Set by Learning Resources offers each egg as a cross-section so the students can visually see each stage as the chick develops. With this set you can easily develop a unit integrating many subject areas:
Science: Students discover 21-days of development inside the egg. They are able to observe the development and compare to other creatures. They can also make an educated hypothesis for the following day based on what they have seen so far.
Language: With a list of scientific vocabulary included, students are able to study and correlate the words with what they are seeing and learning in the daily cycle.
Writing: Allow the students to write a creative piece as if they were growing in the mind of the chick. This will give you the opportunity as a teacher to teach them about imaginative thinking and writing.
Reading: Read a unit of books based on chickens! Here are some suggestions:
- Chickerella by Mary Jane and Herm Auch
- The Red Hen by Rebecca Emberly and Ed Emberly
- Farm by Elisha Cooper
Field Trip: Who doesn’t love a good outing! Besides all the preparation, its always a blast and a great learning experience for your students. After the 21 days are all completed, I would encourage you and your class to go to a farm or local zoo. It’ll give them a chance to see the whole unit through and of course… have another perspective on life development!
You love watching your kids have fun in the summer time. How about preserving those adorable pictures with a new clever idea using Carol Roeda’s Embellish Your Story.
There is nothing like the experiences you and your kids have in the summer months. The long days are filled with giggles, ice cream, water, sun and picnics together. Each summer your babies get a bit older and they enjoy different things. Preserve the memories you have created in the hot, summer sun with these creative ideas!
Share your summer story with a few of your favorite pictures, some great embellishments and accents, and one of the decorative bases. You’ll never forget the memories you created with your story being shared in such a creative way!
To create this clever Fun in the Sun Embellish Your Story idea you will need the following items:
- DDEYS-100771 Demdaco Pink Collage Magnetic Memo Board
- DDEYS-101336 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Ice Cream Cone Magnets – Set of 4
- DDEYS-101337 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Ice Cream Treats Magnets – Set of 3 Assortment
- DDEYS-101338 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Cherry Magnets – Set of 3
- DDEYS-17433 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Giggle Magnet
- DDEYS-17482 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Red Swirl Magnets – Set of 4
- DDEYS-101699 Demdaco Embellish Your Story White Frame Magnet – 4″ x 6″
To create this clever Summer Fun Picnic in the Sun Embellish Your Story idea you will need the following items:
- DDEYS-14255 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Green with Pink Dots Magnetic Memo Board
- DDEYS-101339 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Lemonade Magnets – Set of 3 Assortment
- DDEYS-101342 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Picnic Magnets – Set of 3 Assortment
- DDEYS-101698 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Red Frame Magnet – 4″ x 6″
- DDEYS-14278 Demdaco Embellish Your Story Red Daisy Magnets – Set of 4